Sunday, June 6, 2010

i graduated this weekend. i wore the silly cap, i wore the unflattering gown. i got my fake little diploma. and through it all, i could only think of my future. of getting out, of starting new. and while listening to the cliche speeches that come with graduation, thoughts of my aspirations filled my head.

i want to be know for what i write, for what i say.
i want to be someone. i want to help people.
i want to go to new york and hail a cab.
i want to sing karaoke in a trashy bar and have people cheer for me.
i want to love, to be loved.
i want to be real, always.
i want to get a pair of really high leoaord print shoes and learn how to walk in them.
i want to debate, talk about politics, discuss my views on religion.
i want to take charge of my own life.
i want to get a tattoo - not because that's the thing to do, but because i want to.
i want to draw. i want to paint. i want to make art that makes people notice.
i want to date a musician.
i want to get a story of mine published in national geographic.
i want to become a vegetarian. (yeah, that one will never happen.)
i want to be me.

it's quite the daunting list. and i could have kept going forever! i am in control of my own destiny, and i can change the world, if i only put my mind to it.
i feel as though my future is bright; i just need to stop talking and thinking about it, and DO SOMETHING about who i want to be.
that starts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment