Monday, June 21, 2010

Why hello there.

I haven't posted for a few days because I've been too busy reading other people's blogs and being insanely jealous of their skills. A few in particular caught my eye. There are a group of them in London who are absolutley brilliant - their blogs kept me occupied for hours, when I really should have been studying instead.

These girls are sophisticated and poised, and their writing is succint and to the point. One in particular, Carrie from Wishwishwish, has a wonderful blog. It is all about fashion, and is it ever interesting. She hails from London, where she's taking Fashion Design in school. It's just all so glamourous to me! Her life seems perfect, and she seems much older than her 19 years.

Reading these blogs made me a little unsure of what the point of my blog really is. I mean.. I don't have a theme, other than writing about my life. I became a little insecure; many of the words written here are just random musings that come from my brain, with very little censoring. Surely nobody can find that interesting. After reading the brillancy that comes out of other young people's minds, I was feeling a little insecure.

However, after feeling a little silly about what I was doing on here, I realized that it really doesn't matter what other people think about what I'm writing. And if I don't have hundreds of followers, that's alright. I am doing this for me, because I have a passion for writing and I want to get my thoughts out of my head and onto na more tangible medium. While I can admire and praise other people's blogs, I should not let their success tgake away the satisfaction that I feel after posting an entry.

So there you go. I learned something this weekend, never thought that would happen.

I have more that I want to say, I just wanted to get that off my chest. I'll post again later :)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Gracia.

    I admire your blogs and I believe you dont have to write for anyone but yourself and writing about your thoughts, feelings, and day-to-day memories is the best thing for you. I have read many of your posts, and I say this because I care about you, you tend to answer your own questions when you write and its great to see how much of a strong and level headed woman you are. I believe you can become what you want and by practicing your writing like who have been doing so will help you carve your own path and help you figure out what you really want. I dont want to preech to you because thats lame sometimes but just remind yourself every day of the things that make you smile and help you get up in the morning. You will encounter obsticals and you will fall down, but I guarentee there will be people and things that will become hands for you to grab onto if need be. I try to take a moment every day and remember specific feelings I have and moments I share with people I care for. Be excited to start another chapter in your life, but take the important people with you and charish past memories for they will keep you going strong.

    ReplyDelete