Saturday, September 12, 2009

I am brutal at this blog thing..

When I started this blog, I was totally comitted, and I was going to write every day, or at least a couple times a week. Hah. So much for that, only 4 posts in, what... 5 months? Maybe more? But, that's alright.
I will do better this year!
Sooo much has happened since I last wrote here. First of all, I'm not even friends with a bunch of the people that I was ranting about in my last post. Funny how summer does that.
Honestly though, I don't een want to think about all that drama of the past. It's done with, and I'm so over dealing with it! Instead I'm going to concentrate on keeping my current friendships going, getting fantastic grades so that I can get into U of A and just being happy. I think that's what really needs to happen this year.

Oh! I also really want to work on my writing. And what better way to work on writing than to actually write? I think this blog will help this goal out rather nicely.
So, I'm just going to write my feelings down here, and possibly to-do lists and whatever else I feel like writing. I think it'll be quite fantastic.
Today I finished reading The Time Travellers Wife. Good god. I had no idea how sad it would be at the end. I absolutely loved the book, but jesus! I haven't cried that much beacuse of a book in AGES. Anyways, I would reccommend the book, it's so good. I would really like to see the movie now, but I think it'd be rather sad. Well, obviously, since the book is. But I just think that when you see real live people living horrible things out like that, it seems much worse than when you're reading it in a book. Maybe I'm just crazy.

So next Saturday my boyfriend and I will have been dating for a year. A WHOLE YEAR. I can't even believe it. It's so surreal, I can't even get it through my head. But yeah, it's pretty intense, I think. For high school anyway haha. I suppose out in the real world, a year is pretty much nothing.

Speaking of the real world... I am so unbelievably psyched to get out of silly little Innisfail and go live my life! I was stressing out all summer, thinking that my grades wouldn't be good enough to get into U of A, but I'm feeling a lot better about it now. Even with my crap grades last year, I still managed to get Honors and I also got the English 20 award. SO, that's good stuff! Especially since I want to get into an english program. Anywho, it's just quite a relief that last year didn't totally mess up my school stuff, cause I totally thought it had. I am just SO excited to go to U of A, and I totally don't want to have to go to RDC for a year first... it just seems like such a waste of time and money, especially considering that I wouldn't even be able to transfer any of the credits I got.

But, yeah. I'm just in a good place with life right now :) hopefully it stays that way for a while. I think I'm done for now, but I WILL remember to update again very soon. Don't worry.
Buh-byeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment